Sunday, May 18, 2008

Victory V-Stitch Scarves


Hi! I've just finished up these scarves today, and they'll be going to this cause, which gives scarves to women who come to the hospital after being abused. I love to use the V-Stitch, because it is quick and easy. I made these out of Lion Brand's Homespun yarn, that I got on clearance at Hobby Lobby. The purple skein was a donation for me to make something for charity with from a friend.


The pattern is really easy! I used a K hook, and they came out about 5" wide, by about 60" long; just right.


Ch 16, in 5th ch from hook [dc, ch 1 dc], sk one chain, [dc, ch 1, dc] in next chain, sk 1 chain, across.


ch 3, turn, in each ch space across, work [dc, ch 1, dc]


Continue until you reach the length that you'd like. :) It takes up exactly one skein of homespun to make the dimensions just right for this charity. I tried making it one V-stitch wider for the purple one, and it only came out about 4 feet long, but it'll still be used I'm sure. It's about 7" wide too.


Enjoy! Please don't sell this pattern, since it's really just the stitch anyway, but you can sell finished items made from this. It's just a simple pattern for anyone who would like to try the V-Stitch. V for Victory over Violence.

No comments: