Saturday, June 14, 2008

Traveling Hook II Visited Me!



Hi! I was hard working on some squares recently, since I received the traveling hook that Jimbo made. This hook was a lot of fun to make, and it's for an amazing cause as well. You can read all about the general idea by going to the links I've shown, but basically, many people volunteered to accept this hook, use it for a couple days, then mail it off to the next person. The hook itself is made out of yew, which is being used as a possible treatment for cancer. Then, each of us makes squares in cancer awareness colors, using the hook, and write about what we think in the online blog/journal. The squares are mailed to a wonderful giving woman on crochetville, and are made into afghans. Those afghans will be auctioned to raise money for cancer research. Isn't this amazing? It's such a cool idea, and I'm thrilled I was a part of it, albeit small. :)

No comments: